Sunday, November 16, 2008

London England

LONDON ENGLANDme in front of the london bridge The COOLEST market we found in town

A little Harry Potter looking neighborhood

Wimbledon Tennis Museum

Natural Hist. Museum

BIG BEN

me and the royal guard


Hi Everyone!
I have been really busy with school this last week, its been really hard to make time for the blog!! A couple of weekends ago i made the trip to London. I had such an amazing time. It was really funny because i talked to mom afterwards and she asked me, "did you feel a connection to your birthplace?!" and i really feel like i did. I felt at peace there and completely enamoured with the people and my surroundings. Two other girls and myself spent four days with a friend i knew from rugby in Washington. He had a small place in Wimbledon, just a short walk from the Wimbledon Tennis Stadium. We took frequent trips to downtown London, again mastering the metro system! We were able to see the London Bridge, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, The London Museum, The Natural History Museum, and more. I also got to see the friend we were staying with play in a rugby game. He plays for the Wimbledon Rugby Club which is one of the four founding rugby clubs still playing today. We also spent halloween there, and went out every night with all the rugby players who showed us a great time and took us to all the hot spots around Londons nightlife. I had the best time of my life and will return one day.

No comments: